Friday 30 March 2012

MEDIA EVALUATION QUESTION 1

1)      My media product challenges/matches the generic conventions of a typical magazine. I do not have any sub headings or strap lines on my cover more do I have any previews of articles featured. I have shown the names of two other artists featured in the magazine other than the main article, which as ‘KidTriomf’… Kid Triomf is my artist that I have made up ad displayed on my front cover as the main feature.  I had to improvise a cover image for my front cover as the images I had taken for the article were not suited to the genre or artist, nore were they clear enough. I was lucky enough to find several images of my friend who was a perfect candidate for the artist that could be improvised and edited in. The images aren’t the clearest and the actual pose itself challenges the general conventions of a magazine as he is posing with his middle finger in the air. I took the pictures myself in my bedroom with him a while ago last winter.

My contents page follows general conventions of a normal contents page by having 3 columns including; New Features, Artist index and main features, but mainly by the fact of having the main features and artist index keeps it within the generic conventions along with the layout of:

I feel that I can improve my contents page by having a more formal layout and maybe I could segregate parts of my magazine and put them in sorted segments e.g. Live performances could have gigs, show reviews and Live show photography. I could then group things such as Fashion together and maybe have more stylistic photos included. I might have a section for upcoming artists etc. I could show all of this on my contents page as at the min I think it isn’t all it could be.




I feel that my double page spread follows the conventions of an ordinary magazine quite appropriately and suits the type of magazine I am making, I feel I could have taken more time on the cropping and editing as once printed out I noticed a few mistakes that could have been avoided by paying a little more attention to the magazine.










My magazine compared to this is similar in particular ways, e.g. it is quite plane and has a lot of blank space, and that is similar to the type of magazine I wanted to create.
I feel my magazine has a similar vibe to this magazine also.







No comments:

Post a Comment